Thursday, May 8, 2008

World Rugby Cup

 

SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, a while back was the World Rugby Cup. Some friends of mine entered a pool and we all picked teams. Some bowed out early - I almost won, but in the end, sweet Mindy took the prize. Here it is - two daffodils, hanging out. It's not perfect, but it's my first time doing flowers in oil. I think it's 18x24 but I'm not positive. I used the Windsor Newton water mixable oil paint. It works pretty well, exspecially with the linseed oil made for that particular brand. I'm hoping it drys quicker so I can get it sent out to Anchorage, AK.

Congratualtions Mindy, sorry it took so long. I hope you enjoy it.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!
I know daffodils are the group's "flower" but they also happen to be my favorite flower of all the flowers on the planet (like there's this sweet little flower on neptune I'm also fond of....) seriously...the painting is beautiful and I'm fine waiting til it dries to mail...patience is a virtue I've been told....not a virtue I possess...but I'm working on it.
Aren't you on the patience list for a plowl as well?

Herdis said...

Nice painting and nice new look for your blog! Good to see you posting again, and good to see you working on your paintings :) I hope you're feeling well, please give my best to Mike and the kidz!

Heather said...

I love the daffodils! I give it a McSweetie rating of "5 daffodils up"!

Beautiful use of color and shading.

And I like the new look of your blog!

I need to get back to mine...I've been letting it slip.